Tailoring is an art and there is a need for proper training to sew different types of clothes. Whether you are interested to become a professional tailor, boutique owner or design a dress on your own, you can take sewing lessons from the professionals. Many online videos on sewing are also available which enable the learners to learn everything about sewing from basic sewing to advance sewing patterns. If you are a beginner then you can choose either online or offline sewing coaching to learn sewing. Experts teach you to sew various types of dresses both with hand sewing and machine sewing techniques.
Learn different types of stitches
When it comes to sewing, you need to follow different types of stitch patterns to stitch different types of clothes. If you are a beginner then it can be confusing to follow the right stitches. Before giving the training to stitch different styles of clothes, the beginners are first taught about the sewing machine, its parts, and its handling. After this, they are taught to make different types of stitches.
Some of the popularly used hand stitch patterns are:
- Running stitch: it is the most common type of stitch that is done by hand. It is mainly done for mending, gathering and tucking.
- Slip stitch: It is done for finishing the hem and other finishes of the clothes. Generally, these types of stitches are tidy when done in a clean way.
- Cross stitch: This type of stitch is used for giving the final touch to the hem of the fabric so that it doesn’t fray.
- Basting stitch: It is similar to the running stitch but in this, the stitches are longer. Nowadays, pin basts are used than the hand bast stitches.
Similar to the hand stitches, there are varieties of stitches which can be made through machines. Some of them are:
- Standard stitch: This type of stitch includes straightforward and backward stitches both. It can be done 1/8-3/8 inch away from the edge of the fabric.
- Blind Hem stitch: Two or three straight stitches are done hence wider catch stitch is done. Small dots are seen from the front part. To keep the fabric folded, there is a need to have the specialized foot.
- Zigzag stitch: For the raw edges, this type of stitch provides clean finishing. This type of stitching technique can be used as the finishing stitch technique. The width and the length of the stitches can be adjusted.
Design and sew all types of clothes
Whether you are interested in making the flair dresses, shirts or craft dresses, by learning the sewing tutorials it will be convenient for you to have customized clothes. Different types of fabric need different types of sewing patterns and sewing stitches to give the perfect finishing to the clothes. After you are done with the sewing work, you can learn to use different types of advanced sewing patterns and use of buttons and other types of embellishments to make your dresses attractive.